Popular Posts

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ladybugs for my Garden 2012


 Every year for my Garden I purchase Praying mantis egg cases and hatch them indoors in a brown lunch bag. When they hatch I release them into my Garden in June.

I also ordered 2,000  Live Lady Bugs for my Garden and release them. Ladybugs arrive in a cloth bag ready for release which I sent them out in July.

Both the Ladybug and Praying Mantis are Beneficial for my Garden they eat the Bad Bugs that harms your Garden plants.

Releasing 2,000 Ladybugs
Ladybugs on the cloth bag
Ladybugs are hungry and ready to eat those bad bugs 
My baby Praying Mantis I released in my Garden in June 

Ladybug is probably the best known beneficial insect available. They feed mainly on aphids (40-50 per day)
but will also attack a wide variety of other soft-bodied pests, including mites, leafhoppers and mealybugs. They will attack all stages of these pest, eggs, larval and adult.

This is so much fun and if you have small children this is a beneficial educational project for them to experience.

Be Creative
Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment