Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Strawberry Patch

I have been growing strawberries under my flag pole for many years. They get full sun so they love that spot in my yard.

This year I did add a few new types of strawberry plants. I added Roman Strawberry (fragaria roman) which has a pink flower unlike the original white flower and I added an Allstar.

There are a number of different types of strawberry plants and if you decide to plant them check out the variety and when they will bloom. You can have strawberries all season long so do your homework.

They are a hardy plant in New Jersey and you have nothing to do they are perennial and come back every year.

After a few number of years if they get over crowded you can thin them out and start another patch in your yard.
I have given some of my plants to family and friends who never grew them before and they love them.

To pick them is easy you just put your two fingers on top of the strawberry and pull, they will snap off the little vine that holds them into your hand. (Hey be gentle)

Strawberry Patch under my Flag Pole

Roman Strawberry mixed into my patch

Love those berries
Roman Strawberry I have on my porch in a container
A few I just picked today

Happy Gardening
Be Creative
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment