Popular Posts

Friday, July 29, 2011

From my Garden to the Kitchen Avocado plant

I am into my garden every year and I love my avocado's. This year I decided to experiment and every avocado I did eat I would plant the seeds into a pond that we are covering. So one day when I was picking my tomatoes I noticed a strange plant emerge. At first I figured not sure if it is a weed but I will let him show his true self. Many of days went by and I said why not take this weed out of my tomato garden. Well much to my surprise when I did pull this guy out it turned to be an avocado plant. I did not recall that I must have planted this seed in my tomato garden and with all the watering well this plant adjusted and grew. I still do not see the other avocados that I planted in the buried pond but it still can grow. I looked up how to start a avocado from seed which I tried indoors. You are to take a few toothpicks and pierce the seed on each side and then put it into a glass of water.
Well that did not work for me so I just planted the seed and hey look what I grew.



This little guy will be planted as an indoor plant
I read that it could take many many years to get a fruit off of this plant.
I guess it's easier to just buy one and keep on planting the seeds.
Maybe my grand children which I do not have yet will reap the harvest 
of the Avocado fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment