Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

From my Garden to the Kitchen

We have harvest tons of Cherry Tomatoes from our Garden the mid of July. Mom planted 24 plants and two Big Boy Tomatoes. Ever other day Mom picks the ones that are turning orange and if a few green ones falls off the vine she collects them too. Mom said that they are a special comity and puts the green ones in a small paper bag to ripen. Mom gets the mantis egg cases and places them into the paper bag in our sunny window in early June. Then she releases them into our garden when they hatch.
Boy oh Boy in the past two days Mom has eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between tons of those tomatoes. I would guess she has eaten over a thousand or more. She also gave me many but not as much I have seen her eat them. Anyway here is a picture what we have before she eats them all. Plus she gave a bag to our neighbor who has 5 children to enjoy.
I expect to see cherry tomato plants growing out of my Mom's ears. Boy she would be in heaven.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment