Popular Posts

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Recipes for Granny with Alzheimer's

Well today Granny did a little bit better she had her Insure strawberry plus with her medications crushed and finished that one and she was drinking her Boost with high protein. She loves Cheese so the block of cheddar cheese I dice into small pieces and give that to her. Everyday is a new challenge and everyone is happy when we can give her anything new and different when she eats.

So I have been trying out many different thing that she would eat and every thing has to be soft. Granny feels food with her tongue and if there is a texture she will not swallow it and rather spit it out. That is why we are putting many thing into the blender under puree.

I often look and look when I am in the supermarket and seeking different thing that may appeal to Granny just to try on her and this is what I found so far.

HapppyTot organic superfoods
3 fruit mix, super grain, omega, fiber, protein, antioxidant.
It's in a pouch and liquid which I can give to her on a tablespoon.

I had purchased 3 different ones to try on Granny.
Banana, peach & mango
Broccoli, peas & pear
Butternut squash & apple
I did try a taste and it taste good.

So far I have given her by spoon half of the bag container. This is what it looks like below.
Found in the baby food section 

No comments:

Post a Comment