Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

From my Garden to the Kitchen Home made Tomato Soup

Well my Garden has produced tons of tomatoes so I decided to make Tomato Soup for the first time.
I was lazy to peel the skins or remove the seeds since I am using Cherry Tomatoes. So here is how this went and to tell you the truth this soup is so delicious and better than Campbell's (sorry to say but true)

I washed the cherry tomatoes and put them into a large stove top pot and boiled them adding 1/2 onion a hand full of baby peeled carrots and one piece of garlic.

I pureed in the blender this mixture above.
I purchased at the dollar store a strainer and strained the seeds just to let the tomato juice drip into another large stove top pot.
Adding in 1 can of tomato paste, sprinkle small amounts of onion salt, parsley, dill, salt, 2 packs of pollo chicken flavor.

You can add anything you like say like celery, peppers and if you want cream of tomato soup add light cream into your bowl.
I used what I had from my garden and in my kitchen.
Cherry Tomatoes

Boil until soft

Strain the seeds and skin into a large pot

Enjoy the tomato soup

My dog gives me two paws up on my soup


Be Creative
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment