Popular Posts

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup

Hey today I decided to make a Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup. I am taking anything I have in my frig to make this one.

I pealed one large sweet potato sliced and put into a stove top pot then added,
My half a bag of shredded carrots.
Two slices of red onion.
 5 of my garden cherry tomatoes.
A hand full of chopped romaine lettuce.
6 slices of can beets.
Cover with enough water to boil until tender. You can add more water during your boil if needed.

Season with Parsley and yes I still have fresh parsley growing in my Garden, Garden Dill, Onion Salt, Garlic Salt or Garlic powder, Italian spice, Sea Salt Just a sprinkle of the above seasons.

Puree when cool in a blender return to the pot add 1 or 2 Pollo chicken packets and 1 can of chicken broth.
You can add to your own soup bowl a scoop of sour cream or half and half to your taste.

Optional you can add a table spoon of cooked brown rice or cooked barley.

Boil the above until tender then blend 

Oh so good add your crackers 

Today I did add brown rice and you can add crackers of your choice to top it off.


Be Creative
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment