Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

From my Garden to the Kitchen Septmeber 28 2011

Fresh Parsley from my Garden

Sun dried and in blender chop or fine puree
My Garden is still producing the end of September at the Jersey Shore. I grew Italian flat Parsley and Curled Parsley. With only 1 plant of each parsley plant I have be given a huge harvest of parsley to cook with for the winter season. Plus I am going to mail my sister a package of parsley for her to cook with.


I washed my parsley let drain then set it outside to sundry or you can bake it to dry. Once totally dried you can blend it under your choice of chopped or fine puree.

My Cherry Tomatoes I just picked 

Still growing on the vine 

Love my cherry tomatoes (go matoes go)


My husky cherry tomatoes are still growing they are still flowing yellow flowers for more tomatoes this is at the Jersey Shore the end of September plus I did find one of my beneficial friends. That alien praying mantis that I hatched from the egg case. He stared at me like I was a food source and tilted his head with those alien eyes. Oh how spooked but I hatched him and I think he was so cute anyway, every year I purchase praying mantis egg cases to hatch and release into my garden to eat the bad bugs.


Yes that's me Praying Mantis the Alien


Well lets get back to my Garden....

Outside I have containers with habanero hot pepper plants and mixed lettuce growing from seeds. I also have cayenne hot pepper growing in the front yard.
Mixed Lettuce

Habanero Peppers still growing

Baby Habanero Pepper and still flowering

Cayenne Pepper

Hot pepper still growing end of September
I enjoy Gardening and Cooking Fresh from my Garden and enjoy making different types of food with my veggies. My sister never tried Butternut Squash soup before and now loves it Thanks to me. Well everyone enjoy and.....


Be Creative
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment