Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vegetable Bean Soup

Ingredients  give or take
It's raining today so I decided to make Vegetable Bean Soup with whatever I have in my Kitchen.

Dice 1/4 red pepper
Dice 5 small carrots
Dice 1/4 red onion
Add to a Soup pot with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil stir frequently with a wooden and lightly saute.

Add ten cups of water and bring to a boil.

Dice a small hand full of frozen string beans
A small pinch of minced garlic
3 chicken flavor bouillon cubes
Sprinkle a little garlic powder
Sprinkle a little Mrs.Dash

Add to the soup pot.

I have been growing fresh curled parsley, Italian flat leaf parsley and dill, in my Garden.
I am adding a handful of all three Fresh spices into my soup pot.
Parsley and Dill in my Garden
In the soup pot add 12 oz. frozen Mixed Vegetables and return to a boil.

I added 1 8oz can of tomato sauce. (you can add a two tablespoons of pasta sauce, tomato paste
or even a small can of diced tomatoes) everything is up to your taste and what you have around the kitchen.

I did not have any chicken broth or stock so I add in 2  Goya Pollo chicken powder packs to give it the flavor.

Next add the can of of Goya Small white beans (Habichuelas Blancas) 15.5 oz.  do not drain. Simmer until tender.

Optional 
You can add a small hand full of pastina, mini pasta shells, thin egg noodles if you like.
Remember everything is up to your taste.  I taste my creations to see if I need to add more spices. 
If you like Your Bowl of Soup a little hot add a little red crushed pepper spice. 

Vegetable Bean Soup
Be Creative
Enjoy














No comments:

Post a Comment